How does the debt collection process work for businesses?
Small to medium enterprises rarely have the financial resources to sustain an in-house credit department. This means that collecting outstanding debt can become an ongoing and draining process, particularly in instances where debtors are stubborn, unwilling to pay or have “gone missing” altogether.
At Clear Future we have found that civil action as part of debt collection is at best a very unsatisfactory process due to it being very expensive, timeous, and civil action costs must be paid up front, without guarantees of success.
Our debt collection service entails the following:
- If we do not recover the outstanding debt, there are no fees payable.
- The debt must be Business to Business.
- There must be no dispute on the claim.
- Once the claim is proven we will demand payment within 21 days from the Debtor.
- Should no payment be received in the 21 days and no payment arrangements have been made, we then immediately proceed with an Application for Liquidation of the legal entity.
It is vital to note that if the money cannot be recovered through this process, civil action will not be successful either. Further, it did not cost you a single cent to recover the outstanding debt. Should there be assets in the business that can be realised to the benefit of you, we will proceed with liquidation of the business,
If no arrangement or payment is made, you as our client will either have your money after 21 to 28 days or we will proceed with further action in liquidating the business.
We deliver a professional service and can help you grow your business. Kindly contact us, to make an appointment today.